50 years ago, a Vltava jingle was first heard on the local airwaves. The independent Czech cultural radio station will not celebrate its half-century of existence in any way other than a concert. The event takes place exactly on the anniversary, Sunday 4 September 2022, from 4pm on Streliki Island in Prague and will present an original music program performed by the stars of the air waves of the Vltava.
The broadcast will review highlights in Vltava, present a joint program with Slovakian station Devin, with whom he shares a birthday, and will bring a Slovak play of Orwell’s 1984 or a private party without borders under the direction of Prague-Slovak musician Katarzi.
However, the main celebration will be a live concert on Streliki Island in Prague. Beata Hlavenková, Marta Kloučková, Never Sol, Ondřej Pivec, Milan Cais and Dan Bárta will sing, accompanied by Gustav Brom Radio Big Band. Everyone will give their vote flat, as they do when presenting their versions of software seventh heavenAnd the jazz evening or in podcast author.
Visitors can look forward to an original program in which, among other things, the music of Dan Barta and Big Band Radio from the album I Killed This Song in Karaoke Last Night or two songs from the CD of Žijuta Beata Hlavenková, which received an Angel Award nomination this year, will you hear.
Those who cannot reach Strělecký ostrov in person can listen to Czech Radio Vltava on Sundays from 4 pm. The station is broadcasting the concert live and will broadcast it as well Station location And the social networks.
The concert program
- Gustav Brum’s big radio band, band leader Vladimir Valovich: Sundance
- Dan Barta: Wealth and the Man
- Milan Case: Bells and 220 Travolts
- Beata Hlavenková: Garden and 425, Good day, night
- Never Soul: Leon and Magoni
- The big radio band of Gustav Brum, conductor Vladimir Valovich: The flowers you like the most
- Ondřej Pivec: You are so beautiful and my community
- Ondřej Pivec and Marta Kloučková: You are rain and lost in a dream
- Marta Klokova: Outside the Window
- Ondřej Pivec and Dan Bárta: Hi Laura, Sweet Dreams and Lucifer
- Gustav Brum’s big radio band, conductor Vladimir Valovich: Cuba Libre